• We monitor total water used throughout the Resort, enabling us to react quickly to fix any issues.
• We offer a towel and linen change service which allows our guests to choose how often they have their towels and linen laundered, thereby helping us to protect the environment by conserving energy, water and detergent use.
• We use seawater wherever possible in place of our precious freshwater, such as for flushing toilets.
• We have installed Capstone Micro Turbine power generation technology to minimise our environmental footprint and increase efficiency levels.
• We aim to keep all our electrical goods on the Resort working efficiently, by keeping them regularly serviced and maintained, and wherever possible replacing any old or inefficient items.
• All refrigeration on the Resort has been converted from old ozone depleting gases to more environmentally friendly and energy efficient refrigerants.
• Incandescent bulbs have been replaced with energy efficient LED and fluorescent light globes throughout the Resort.
• We encourage guests to keep their Air Conditioning units between 21 – 25C, with windows and doors kept closed whilst in use, as this is the most energy efficient way to run them, if it is cool enough to not need your Air Conditioner then we encourage guests to turn them off.
Control of Hazardous Substances
• Management determines the suitability and possible environmental impact of new products before purchase is made.
• We provide training for staff whenever new chemicals or equipment are purchased for use in the hotel, to ensure that they are being used efficiently and in a way which minimises any impact upon our environment.
• Our housekeeping department uses environmentally friendly biodegradable detergents and products wherever possible.
Waste Management Programme
• We operate best practice procedures for a small island Resort.
• We take the phrase ‘reduce, reuse and recycle’ to heart here and follow this wherever possible.